Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Thanksgiving Memories 2017

Seems like on Thanksgiving, the food takes center stage.  We are "mighty thankful" (to quote my Pa) for it:




We must be creatures of habit, because the food signs Rebecca made a few years ago can mostly be re-used.  This year's excitement was Nana's dressing catching on fire in my garage oven!  It was totally black, and I really wish I would have taken a picture.  We all mourned a little.

I like these pictures contrasting the regular homemade rolls (with one eaten out of the middle - just for testing purposes):


and the gluten free ones:


One thing I have to be thankful for all the time is that my body seems to be able to handle gluten just fine!

And last, but not least, we did have one photo with people:


Other Thanksgiving festivities involved decorating for Christmas.  I even gave Rebecca and Joseph a "couples project" to light the front porch.





Another thing I'm thankful for this year is the fresh coat of paint on the house, and my new shutters.  It makes a huge difference!

One last Thanksgiving activity was a great game of disc golf.  Joseph even made a hole-in-one!











No comments: