Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Fall Hiking

Sadly, we didn't get much of a chance to hike together this fall.  Noah and Caleb are both working at Best Buy and had a hard time getting off.  Nathan and Rebecca joined Terry and I for a brief camping trip to Cove Lake State Park (about 45 min. from home).

We took a hike to a place called "Devil's Racetrack,"  I did some research and found out that there was a trend in the last 200 years or so to name weird geological formations for the devil.  I've personally been to Devil's Den (many times), Devil's Icebox, Devil's Backbone, Devil's Tower and now Devil's Racetrack (and probably some more I can't think of right now).  Here's what the locals had to say about the name:

"No one seems really sure about the source of the Devil's Racetrack name, except that it would be a hell of a place to race."










My only complaint about the hike is that it is awfully close to I-75.  You could hear 18-wheelers for most of the hike.  We even hiked under a few billboards.  





No comments: