Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Krispy Kreme is Back!

From November 2011

Today, Noah and I got up at 5 am to go to the Grand Opening of Krispy Kreme in Johnson City. We were among the first one hundred in line, so we got free commemorative T-shirts!

When I first got married twenty-one years ago and moved to East Tennessee, I tasted Krispy Kreme donuts for the first time. I can truly say that I think they are the best donuts in the world - especially when they are hot and fresh!

Sadly, over ten years ago, the Krispy Kreme in Johnson City went out of business. There was a store in Kingsport, so occasionally we would stop by there after (ironically) visiting the dentist or after a late-night rehearsal with the Kingsport Theater Guild. Then it, too, went out of business last year.

I hope the return of Krispy Kreme is a sign of good economic times coming. At any rate, we'll all enjoy a little sweetness.

From November 2011


From November 2011


From November 2011


From November 2011


From November 2011


From November 2011


From November 2011


And yes, a little strange timing after the post about fasting.

2 comments:

Kristal said...

They are my favorite donut hot... yummy

heritagemom said...

We had a Krispy Kreme up here (Chicagoland) but it is now a Buona Beef restaurant. Hmm. How fun to stay out waiting in line all night, esp. with family!