Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Terry and I spent this past weekend at a cabin near Gatlinburg. Terry's parents kept the kids in Knoxville, so we didn't have to worry about the subtitle on this sign when we hiked to Charlie's Bunion.

From charlie's bunion


I don't know who Charlie was, but apparently he had some pretty bumpy feet.


From charlie's bunion


We also hiked to a spot called "The Jump Off." I was tempted, but Terry talked me out of it.

From charlie's bunion


You could see Mt. LeConte from both the Bunion and the Jump-Off. Mt. LeConte is the second highest peak in Tennessee and infamous for the hike we took there without a trail in 1992.

From charlie's bunion


All in all, we hiked for about 10 miles.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Looks like fun, but I'm glad you didn't jump!