Even though we aren't taking a family vacation, here's what we're looking forward to:
- hosting a marriage retreat this weekend
- visits from James and Allison and from the Kevin and Krista Rideout (and a last minute visit from Mike Baker who is actually arriving tonight)
- Nathan's birthday party next weekend
- 4th of July with neighborhood fireworks
- "Cousin camp" - one week with our kids in Knoxville and one week with the kids here in Johnson City - eight kids ages 7-15 - we are planning lots of activities and even T-shirts!
- Caleb going to Doe River Gorge Camp
- Rebecca going to Worldview Academy at Wake Forest in Winston-Salem, NC
- the rest of us visiting two good friends in North Carolina while she's there
- camping at South Holston Lake
- Rebecca and I competing in a sprint triathlon in Chattanooga on August 10th with my friend, Laura O'Bryan (we all started a nine-week training program this week)
One optional thing is that Noah is trying out for a part in the Beauty and the Beast (the part of "Chip") next weekend. If he gets the part, it will mean lots of trips to Abingdon (a 45 min. drive) and a pretty big life-change from August until the play is over right before Thanksgiving. There are eleven weeks of performances. We are just praying that he won't get the part if our family isn't up for it.
Anyway, if you're not interested in all that, check us out on the new "Living in HD website" (link below). There are videos of us and everything now! Don't you think we're the coolest family on there? And really, all of you guys should sign up where it says "Join Now." They are giving more stuff away!